Monday, November 30, 2009

Spray Paint Works Wonders!!

Let me start off by saying that if you haven't visted Creations by Kara, you really should head over there now! She's awesome! She transforms cheap, thrifty items into fabolous pieces!

Anyways, I was checking out her blog this weekend and she inspired me to become friends with...SPRAY PAINT!! Normally I let my husband deal with spray painting stuff, but I just had to try it out.

I found an old pitcher that I've had forever. I actually had it in my yardsale pile! It was this bright summer blue. YUCK!! I found some white spray paint in my husbands building and gave her a new look. Well once it was done being painted, I knew it needed something else so we headed to Hobby Lobby and got some green & red ribbon and some cranberry things (they look like cranberries to me!!). I tied the ribbon around the pitcher and put in the cranberry things and viola!!
Here's my transformed pitcher:




After my sucessful pitcher renovation, I decided to make a new frame for my laundry area (I'm getting ready to re-decorate!). I had a plain wooden 8x10 frame and I spray painted it black! The wording in the back, I printed off of my computer on regular paper. While I was at Hobby Lobby (see above paragraphs), I picked up a wooden "L". I spray painted it black. I mod podged the "L" onto my paper. And tied the black and white ribbon (I had on hand) around the top of the frame!
Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

"Cast not away therefore your confidence" Hebrews 10:35